- A second woman has come forward alleging Virginia Lt. Governor Justin Fairfax sexually assaulted her.
- Lawyers for Meredith Watson alleged in a statement that Fairfax raped Watson when they were both students at Duke University in 2000 in a “premeditated and aggressive” attack.
- The latest allegation against Lt. Gov Fairfax marks the end of a tumultuous week in Virginia politics, as Gov. Ralph Northam and Attorney General Mark Herring are both declining to resign after admitting to wearing blackface in the 1980s.
A second woman came forward Friday to allege that she was sexually assaulted by Virginia Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax.
Meredith Watson alleged in a Friday statement released through an attorney that Fairfax raped her when they were both students at Duke University in 2000 in a “premeditated and aggressive” attack. See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- A wave of scandals has turned Virginia politics on its head, and the state’s top three politicians could all be on the way out
- The Virginia Democratic Party says it’s going to ‘evaluate’ the sexual-assault allegation against Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax, who could become the state’s next governor
- Virginia Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax calls sexual assault allegation a ‘totally fabricated story’