- TikTok is a social platform popular amongst teens made-up of short videos that often play catchy songs in the background.
- According to TechCrunch report on Friday, TikTok was the most downloaded app in the US in September.
- This marked the first time in the US that TikTok had more downloads than Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat in a given month.
- Today, TikTok is the 4th ranked social app in the App Store’s Top Charts, behind YouTube, Instagram, and Snapchat.
TikTok — an app you may have never heard of before — was the most downloaded app in the US in September, according to a TechCrunch report on Friday using data from SensorTower.
For the first time in the US, TikTok had more downloads than Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Snapchat in a given month.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- How online hate speech moves from the fringes to the mainstream
- Facebook’s US users stalled — but didn’t fall — in a scandal-filled Q3 and investors are breathing a sigh of relief
- Here’s how the UK plans to seize $2 billion in tax from firms like Amazon, Facebook, and Google