- Monalisa Perez shot Pedro Ruiz in the chest with a Desert Eagle for a YouTube prank in Halstad, Minnesota, last year.
- Perez was holding a thick encyclopaedia which the pair thought would stop the bullet.
- It didn’t, and Perez died at the scene in front of a large crowd who were watching.
- Perez struck a plea deal with Minnesota authorities and will spend 90 days in jail and 90 under house arrest.
A woman who shot her boyfriend in the chest and inadvertently killed him while trying to film a prank video for YouTube has been jailed.
Monalisa Perez, 20, was convicted of second-degree manslaughter for firing a Desert Eagle handgun into the chest of Pedro Ruiz, 22, outside their home in Halstad, Minnesota.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- Tech companies are at a stalemate with fake news and conspiracy theories
- YouTube will include Wikipedia info next to videos promoting conspiracy theories
- Here are the most popular Google auto-complete results for Silicon Valley’s biggest names