Jim Bennett/WireImage for Getty Images
- Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez spoke about her self-described socialist values at the SXSW festival and called moderate politics “an attitude towards life, of, like, ‘meh.'”
- She also critiqued capitalism, saying “capitalism is irredeemable.”
- Her remarks follow a tweet last week aimed at Ivanka Trump, who she said was against the idea of a minimum wage.
Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s controversial views on capitalism have made her a target of both Republicans and Democrats, who have also balked at her disagreement with moderate politics.
- Another Boeing 737MAX has crashed leaving no survivors. This time it was flying with Ethiopian Airlines.
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s tweet about workers being paid ‘less than the value they create’ is essentially a restatement of Marx’s Labour Theory of Value — here’s why that’s interesting
- Share your opinion — become a BI Insider!