- Cyclone Idai has destroyed nearly 90% of the Mozambican port city of Beira, according to the Red Cross.
- Communication lines have been cut and roads have been destroyed.
- The port of Beira is a gateway for imports to landlocked countries in Southern Africa.
MAPUTO (Reuters) – Cyclone Idai has caused massive damage to the Mozambican port city of Beira, with nearly 90 percent of the area destroyed, the Red Cross said on Monday.
Mozambican media said about 84 people have died, 68 of those in Beira.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- MAC has created a special-edition ‘Aladdin’ makeup collection inspired by the confidence and beauty of Princess Jasmine
- The French agency analyzing Ethiopian jet’s black boxes is known for its world-famous plane crash investigators
- Here’s what the Avengers’ new suits teased in the ‘Endgame’ trailer may be for