- Elon Musk tweeted on Thursday that The Boring Company “product launch” is set for December 18.
- Musk also revealed that beyond just the tunnel, the company will showcase its autonomous transport cars and “ground to car” elevators.
- The tunnel will cover about 2 miles, beginning near SpaceX headquarters in the Los Angeles suburb of Hawthorne.
The Boring Company’s test tunnel near Los Angeles will open slightly behind schedule, but CEO Elon Musk said on Thursday that the launch would involve more than just a hole in the ground.
“Boring Company product launch on Dec 18. More than a tunnel opening. Will include modded but fully road legal autonomous transport cars & ground to tunnel car elevators,” Musk tweeted. See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- The 18 biggest tech scandals of 2018
- 5 reasons why Elon Musk should rescue a GM factory in Ohio
- ‘That was not appropriate behavior’: NASA roasted Elon Musk for smoking weed live on the internet