Caney Creek Fire & Rescue
- Firefighters rescued more than 100 snakes from a burning home in Conroe, Texas, a suburb of Houston, on Saturday.
- While the Caney Creek firefighters didn’t ask why there were so many snakes in the home, Fire Chief Raymond Flannelly told INSIDER that they appeared to be the homeowner’s pets.
- As of the end of the day of the fire, not a single snake had died from flames or smoke, Flannelly said.
- The house fire was sparked by lights on a Christmas tree and was preventable, Flannelly said.
More than 100 snakes were rescued from a house fire in a Houston, Texas, suburb over the weekend in what the city’s fire chief called one of the weirdest rescues he’s ever seen.
Caney Creek Fire and Rescue of Conroe, Texas, responded to a house fire on Saturday that was started by a Christmas tree with its lights left on, Fire Chief Raymond Flannelly told INSIDER.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- The husband of a teacher who got arrested after being filmed forcibly cutting a student’s hair said he’s shocked and confused by video of the incident
- Students say they warned school administrators about the California teacher who was arrested for forcibly cutting a student’s hair, and their calls went ignored
- 2 nuns are accused of embezzling $500,000 from a Catholic school and allegedly using the money for gambling and travel