AP Photo/Andrew Harnik
- The Gridiron Club and Foundation, a charitable journalistic organization, hosted its 133rd anniversary dinner at The Renaissance Washington Hotel on Saturday.
- President Donald Trump gave a joke-filled speech to members of the press and many top members of his administration who were in attendance.
- Here are the best jokes from Trump’s speech, according to the White House pool report compiled by Yahoo News correspondent Hunter Walker.
On senior adviser and son-in-law Jared Kushner losing his security clearance: “Before I get started, I wanted to apologize for arriving a little bit late. You know, we were late tonight because Jared could not get through security. … Ivanka, you’ve got to do something.”
On the slew of news and scandals: “It’s been really another calm week at the White House. We finally have it running like a fine-tuned machine.”See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- A man shot himself to death near the White House, Secret Service says
- John Kelly revives Rob Porter abuse scandal and defends his response following claims that he led a ‘cover up’
- Leaked documents shed light on the astonishing intricacy of Russia’s trolling operation