Photo by Alex Caparros/Getty Images
- FC Barcelona vs. Real Madrid, the biggest match in the Spanish soccer season, arrives this weekend.
- Neither Lionel Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo will feature, but there are still plenty of reasons to watch.
- Here’s everything you need to know.
- Read all of Business Insider’s coverage for the 2018-2019 European soccer season right here.
El Clásico is back. That’s right, the biggest fixture in the Spanish soccer calendar is approaching, as FC Barcelona welcomes Real Madrid to Camp Nou this weekend.
Considering the rivalry and the hostilities that these two teams have enjoyed over the years, the welcome will be anything but friendly. Real desperately needs a confidence-boosting victory to climb La Liga but may struggle at Barça, as the Catalans can retain their dominance at the top of the table should they topple Los Blancos on Sunday.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- Ronaldo tried to make the Manchester United match ‘The Cristiano Show,’ but was ultimately upstaged by an unheralded 21-year-old
- Lionel Messi scored a goal, created another, but then fractured his arm and is now sidelined for the biggest FC Barcelona match of the year
- Wayne Rooney scores 35-yard golazo off free kick as he continues his dominant return to form in MLS