- President Donald Trump has launched a surprising attack on one of the US’s closest allies in Latin America in March.
- The broadside against Colombian President Ivan Duque hurt Duque at home and sent a message to other leaders who’ve aligned themselves with Trump.
In one of his latest displays of undiplomatic impulsiveness, President Donald Trump unexpectedly slammed the closest ally the United States has in Latin America, Colombian President Ivan Duque.
The comments startled Duque and much of Colombia, highlighting the risks to politicians everywhere who align their fates too closely with a president like Trump, who is not only unpopular in their own countries, but who also has a penchant for mistreating Washington’s friends.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- 4 things the next US president needs to do to repair damage done by Trump
- Wreckage from crashed Japanese F-35 fighter found, pilot still missing
- A Marine killed in Afghanistan this week was decorated New York City firefighter