David Slotnick/Business Insider
- The Platinum Card® from American Express comes with a much higher annual fee ($550) than most credit or charge cards, which can scare off some people.
- However, the card comes with enough perks, rewards, and tangible benefits to far outweigh that annual fee.
- Initially, even as I got into the world of credit card rewards, perks, and benefits, I was turned off by the annual fee — it’s a lot to front at the top of each card membership year.
- However, after some back and forth, I finally decided to open the card about a year-and-a-half ago, and in just the first 12 months, I got more than $2,000 worth of value.
- Airport-lounge access, up to $200 in Uber credits annually, a $200 annual airline-fee credit, up to $100 in annual shopping credits, and elite status at three massive hotel brands are just a few of the many benefits the card offers.
- Read on for a full breakdown of the value I’ve gotten from the Platinum Card.
Ever since I started learning about points, miles, and credit card benefits (or “travel hacking, as some call it), I had debated applying for a Platinum Card from American Express.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- I tried a 10-step Korean skin-care routine, and it actually made a difference for my skin — here’s what it’s like
- I put 5 of Everlane’s best-selling shoes to the test in NYC — and ranked them by comfort level
- Casper is running a Presidents’ Day sale — save 10% on any order with a mattress through February 18