Matthew Stockman/Getty Images
- New York Knicks center Enes Kanter is skipping the team’s trip to London, fearing retribution from the Turkish government.
- Kanter is an opponent of Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, who has had his passport revoked and arrested his father.
LOS ANGELES (AP) — New York center Enes Kanter will not travel to London for the Knicks’ upcoming international game because he believes he could be assassinated because of his opposition to Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.
Kanter announced his plan Friday night after the Knicks’ 119-112 win over the Lakers.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- LA police have arrested a man who allegedly stole 2,000 items worth millions of dollars from Hollywood Hills homes
- 2 women entered a Hindu temple in India, breaking a decades-long rule forbidding females from worshipping inside
- Missouri man accused of killing his family could face the death penalty