- Netflix was nominated for 13 Oscars on Tuesday for its movies “Roma” and “The Ballad of Buster Scruggs.”
- “Roma” leads the nominations with 10, and “Scruggs” was nominated in three categories.
- The streaming giant overcame criticism throughout the awards season to become an Oscar favorite.
It’s been a long road to this year’s Oscar nominations for Netflix, but the streaming giant pulled off over a dozen nominations when they were announced on Tuesday.
Netflix received 13 nominations total, including its first for best picture for Alfonso Cuarón’s “Roma,” which led the nominations with 10 (tied with “The Favourite”). Netflix’s “The Ballad of Buster Scruggs” received three nominations.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- Netflix says that ‘Bird Box’ will be viewed by 80 million accounts in its first month
- Netflix falls after slight Q4 revenue miss and solid subscriber-growth numbers
- As it seeks to grow in India, Netflix will censor itself to avoid a crackdown on offensive content