Mike Ehrmann/Getty Images
- Every week we pick each game of the NFL schedule against the spread.
- Heading into Week 17, motivation is key when considering how to bet the games, with some teams and players having much more at stake than others.
- This week, we like the Eagles and Bears to win and set up Philadelphia’s return to the postseason, and the Browns to spoil the playoff hopes of the Baltimore Ravens.
After 16 weeks of football, we’ve finally reached the end of the NFL regular season. This Sunday will mark the final full slate of NFL games to bet on until next year, making it a bittersweet day for football fans and bettors.
While it’s difficult to say goodbye to our Sunday’s full of football, Week 17 always provides some intriguing matchups for gamblers, as teams can often differ wildly in their motivations heading into the final game of the year.
We’ll waste no time and get straight to the picks (* indicates home team).
LAST WEEK: 8-7-1
New York Giants* (-6) over Dallas Cowboys
The Giants led the Colts for almost the entirety of their matchup on Sunday, falling short of an impressive upset victory in the game’s final minutes. With the Cowboys already having locked in their spot in the postseason, look for the Giants to end the season on a solid win.
Oakland Raiders (+14) over Kansas City Chiefs*
Thearon W. Henderson/Getty Images
This is too many points. The Raiders looked solid on Sunday in what could have been their final game in Oakland, and Jon Gruden doesn’t seem likely to give up that momentum after such a disappointing season.
New Orleans Saints (-7.5) over Carolina Panthers*
Sean Gardner/Getty Images
Teddy Bridgewater will be starting for the Saints on Sunday in what will likely amount to an audition for a contract with any number of teams next season. With the Saints elite set of offensive weapons at the disposal of a motivated quarterback, New Orleans is in position to roll over an already defeated Panthers team.
- The best value plays in your DraftKings lineup for Week 16 of the NFL season
- The Cleveland Browns can still make the playoffs, but they need 5 things to happen including one near-miracle
- The NFL reversed a meaningless Ezekiel Elliot fumble 4 days after the game and it had huge implications for some fantasy leagues