- T-Mobile ran a Super Bowl ad that was directly inspired by a viral tweet from 2017.
- In the ad and the tweet, someone mistakes a rideshare driver for a concerned friend.
- T-Mobile didn’t rip off the tweet. Instead, the carrier licensed the joke, according to the person who originally posted the fake text screenshot.
One of T-Mobile’s Super Bowl commercials was inspired by a viral tweet.
But, despite social media conspiracies, this is not an example of brands callously ripping off memes.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- T-Mobile is facing backlash for ‘sexist’ Super Bowl ads
- Vegans are furious at Hyundai for its Super Bowl commercial that bashes vegan dinner parties
- Aerie is homing in on Victoria’s Secret’s biggest weakness