- March 14 is Pi Day in the US, as the date matches the first three digits of the famous number.
- On Pi Day 2015, Google announced that a researcher had uncovered the first 31 trillion digits of pi, using a cloud-based computer algorithm.
- Ancient mathematicians like the Greek Archimedes used clever geometry tricks to come up with earlier estimates of π.
Happy Pi Day! It’s March 14, or in American notation, 3/14, matching the first three digits of π.
One of the fundamental constants of mathematics, π, is the ratio of a circle’s circumference to its diameter. See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- The Senate votes to terminate Trump’s national emergency in a stunning rebuke, and the president will have to use his first veto to get his border wall
- A sleep expert explains what happens to your body and brain if you don’t get enough sleep
- 13 apps for your iPhone that are better than the ones Apple made