- Lion Air Flight 610 crashed into the Java Sea shortly after taking off from Jakarta, Indonesia Monday morning.
- All 189 passengers and crew on board the flight are feared dead.
- Flight 610 is the deadliest crash involving a civilian airliner so far in 2018.
- It is also the first fatal crash of a Boeing 737 MAX aircraft.
Lion Air Flight 610 crashed into the Java Sea shortly after taking off from the Jakarta, Indonesia Monday morning. with rescue and recovery efforts underway.
The plane involved in the crash was a brand new Boeing 737 MAX 8 that was just delivered to the airline in August. The MAX entered service in 2017 and is the latest version of Boeing’s hot-selling 737 passenger jet. See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- What we know about the victims of the Lion Air plane crash off Indonesia where there were ‘likely no survivors’
- A previous Lion Air flight crash-landed in the sea in 2013, but with far less deadly results
- A fuel tanker hit the wing of a new American Airlines Boeing 737 MAX jet at LaGuardia Airport