US Navy/Mass Comm. Specialist 2nd Class Thomas Gooley
- The US Navy has emphasized dynamic force employment as a method to seem more unpredictable to foes.
- The Truman carrier strike group was the first to deployed under that new kind of employment.
- According to the Navy’s top officer in Europe, the method has already confused US adversaries.
The National Defense Strategy document released in January emphasized dynamic force employment as a method to maintain the US Navy’s combat capabilities while changing the duration and intensity of its deployments.
It was intended to be “strategically predictable, but operationally unpredictable.”See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- Here’s why the Navy’s newest littoral combat ship just tumbled into the water sideways
- The US Navy is thinking about sending advanced sub-hunting planes to Alaska to keep a closer eye on Russia and China
- Russia and China’s new missiles could scare the US president away from deploying aircraft carriers