Insider Picks writes about products and services to help you navigate when shopping online. Insider Inc. receives a commission from our affiliate partners when you buy through our links, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
- Outdoors startup BioLite makes innovative camping gear like smokeless fire pits and stove tops that use the energy generated to charge devices.
- The company used the same technology to develop safe, smokeless stoves for use by remote communities around the world living in energy poverty — meaning without easy access to electricity.
- Its cult-favorite FirePit (which one Insider Picks reporter tried and loved) was one of the most successful Kickstarter campaigns in history.
Before Alex Drummond and Jonathan Cedar co-launched one of the most successful Kickstarter campaigns in history, they were two NYC Smart Design coworkers whose water cooler talk often centered around sustainable design — a shared passion.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- The best reusable shopping and tote bags you can buy
- The best BBQ smokers you can buy
- Young retailers like Madewell and West Elm are driving major growth for their parent companies — we broke down the factors of their success