- Black Monday, October 19, 1987 was the day of the largest one day stock market drop in history.
- Then-real estate investor Donald Trump told the Wall Street Journal the next day that he had dumped all his stock in the preceding months before the crash.
- “I think the market is going to go down further, there are just too many things wrong with the country,” Trump said.
On Monday, October 19, 1987 the stock market was rocked by the worst one-day fall in history with the Dow Jones industrial average falling 508 points, or 22.7%.
Luckily, now-President, then-real estate investor Donald Trump claimed to have sold all of his stock before the downfall of the marketSee the rest of the story at Business Insider
NOW WATCH: 3 surprising ways humans are still evolving
- Amazon’s new $15 minimum wage highlights the biggest issue facing companies right now — and how they respond will dictate the future of the market
- A hidden threat that’s been haunting the market for years is flaring up — and it could mean the meltdown in stocks is just getting started
- Morgan Stanley has 4 strategies for how clients can withstand the impact of higher interest rates