AP Photo/IRNA, Mostafa Qotbi
- The Trump administration has designed Iran’s elite Revolutionary Guard’s as a foreign terrorist organization.
- The potential for a clash between the US and Iran is already on the rise, and the designation only adds to the risk, argue Colin P. Clarke and Ariane Tabatabai.
- Visit BusinessInsider.com for more stories.
On Monday, in an unprecedented move, US President Donald Trump’s administration designated Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) as a foreign terrorist organization.
The decision wasn’t entirely unjustified: The IRGC creates, trains, funds, arms, and deploys forces with thousands of fighters beyond Iran’s borders. These include local insurgents but also terrorist groups, such as Hezbollah. IRGC-backed forces are responsible for the deaths of hundreds of US service members.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- Here’s Michael Jordan’s 56,000-square-foot house in Chicago, and why it’s still on the market after 6 years
- Share your opinion — become a BI Insider!
- Scientists dropped dead alligators to the ocean floor and watched as football-sized ‘pill bugs’ devoured them