- President Donald Trump signaled he was relieved following the release of a Justice Department letter concluding that the special counsel Robert Mueller did not find a coordinated effort between Russia and the Trump campaign during the 2016 US Presidential election.
- “There was no obstruction, and none whatsoever,” Trump said to reporters in Palm Beach, Florida. “And it was a complete and total exoneration. It’s a shame that our country had to go through this. To be honest, it’s a shame that your president has had to go through this before I even got elected.”
- But Mueller’s investigation did not yield a conclusive finding on whether Trump obstructed justice, and therefore could not determine whether Trump had committed an offense.
- “The Special Counsel states that ‘while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him,'” Barr wrote.
President Donald Trump signaled he was relieved following the release of a Justice Department letter concluding that the special counsel Robert Mueller did not find a coordination effort between Russia and the Trump campaign during the 2016 US Presidential election.
“No Collusion, No Obstruction, Complete and Total EXONERATION KEEP AMERICA GREAT,” Trump tweeted at Palm Beach, Florida, where he spent the weekend.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- Here’s Attorney General William Barr’s summary of Mueller’s report on the Russia investigation
- Nancy Pelosi says she won’t accept a classified briefing on the Mueller report and is demanding a full public release
- Trump supporters celebrate the end of Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation and slam ‘collusion truthers’