Donald Trump Twitter Page
- On Friday night, the President tweeted out a picture of him and a stack of folders, presumably stocked with bills, ready for him to sign.
- “Some of the many Bills that I am signing in the Oval Office right now,” the president said, before criticizing the Democrats for failing to “help protect America’s Southern Border!”
- When the tweet was posted, Twitter users were quick to point out that the bill on the president’s desk seemed blank.
It was the night before the third government shutdown of the year, when all through the House, not a Democrat was stirring, not willing to budge.
So President Donald Trump took to Twitter and criticized them for blocking his efforts to secure $5 billion for a border wall. He did so while saying he cancelled his winter getaway to Mar-a-Lago (where he was expected to be for 16 days) and by posing next to a large pile of bills that he was set on signing, starting with the one sitting on his desk. See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- Trump’s incoming chief of staff says Mexico won’t ‘technically’ pay for a border wall: ‘You and I both know that it cannot work exactly like that’
- MERRY CHRISTMAS!: Government enters shutdown after Trump border-wall demands leave Congress in gridlock
- Trump says he’s ‘prepared for a very long shutdown’ after forcing border-wall money into the government-funding fight